Thursday, January 26, 2006

Getting caught up on A chick's Life!


(credits: The Good Life Kit by Marsha Zepeda)


Ok I finally sat down and got some stuff done for the Chick's Life challenge at the Digi Chick... My cover is above. So here is my 2005 in review... the LO is below on another post, but I finally got the journaling done. Here it is:

(Credits: Just the icing on the cake by Sara Carling)
The journaling reads: When I reflect back on 2005 the one word that comes to mind is "Bitter Sweet". This was a year of the most amazing highs and the lowest of lows. I started the year pregnant and we had just found out we were expecting a little girl. We easily decided on a name and I started getting ready for baby "Elyse". On Valentine’s Day I got a call at 6:00 am from my stepmother telling me my father had a bleed in his brain and he was getting ready to go to surgery. We then learned that the lung cancer my dad thought he had beaten had spread to his brain. I spent most of February and March at the hospital and thought for sure he would never make it to see his first grandchild born. But miraculously he did survive and the bleed in the brain did not completely take away my father. He was sent home with approximately 6 months to live. During this time, we also learned that my brother and his wife were separating. It was a blow on top of everything else.
In April, life was almost back to normal. I was "huge" and pregnant with the most swollen feet I have ever seen. Jeff and I worked to get the baby's room ready. I was showered with gifts from friends and families at my 3 baby showers. I was so excited that I would actually meet my daughter. My due date was May 3rd and my doctor was going out of town so she wanted to make sure I had the baby before she left. Jeff and I argued over the date of May 3rd (my choice) or May 5th (his choice). He thought having a birthday on Cinco de Mayo would be the great thing.. I caved in and agreed to the date, even though the thought of being pregnant even a day longer than I needed to be was not my ideal situation. To our surprise on Friday April 29th my water broke and settled the argument. She was coming on her own time and terms. At 4:35 pm our beautiful daughter Elyse Michelle Little was born via C-section. She amazed both Jeff and I. I suddenly felt feelings I have never had before in my life. My family was ecstatic, including my father who came to the hospital to meet her.
We took our baby girl home and we quickly learned what it were like to be"new" parents. No sleep, exhaustion, and bliss. Although it was hard, it was also wonderful to see this child getting bigger right before our very eyes. On August 5th I was rocking Elyse to sleep when I had the most amazing sense of calm come over me. I thought to myself that things would be ok if my dad died and that I could handle it. About 15 minutes later I got a phone call that my Dad had passed away. The funeral was beautiful and well done. I miss my father greatly.
I left the job at the elementary school and went back to work part time in August. Life again returned to normal. September through October gave me a chance to watch Ellie get even bigger.. rolling over, cutting teeth, scooting, crawling, etc.. Life began to be consistent. I discovered an amazing new hobby of digital scrapbooking and have been completely hooked. In November, life gave us another wonderful turn, Jeff's company sold which took a huge weight off of his shoulders. We ended the year surrounded by friends and family. I can honestly say I will never forget 2005 and I look forward to 2006.

Kind of long and a bit sappy.. sorry if you read through it all. So now I just need to do my intentions page and the me page. I swear I"m trying to get sick again. I have this horrible cough and my chest hurts. I took some Airborn for the first time, so lets see if it works. Tomorrow is Ellie's 9 month check up.. I hate holding her down so that they can give her shots. Jeff is supposed to go with me this time.. he can do it :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Your journaling is fantastic, Audra. What an intense year you had - "bitter sweet" indeed. I love the cover of your book and can't wait to see the rest of it! :)

Michelle said...

Audra - Bittersweet does sound like a fitting title for your past year! beautiful journaling! Great title page too! I'll watch for them in the gallery!

Robin said...

Yup, waterworks flowing over this one! Just amazing. Audra, and I'm glad your going to play too so we can get to know more about you.

Truly Blessed said...

LOVE that cover! That is sooooo cute!