Saturday, January 14, 2006

Ever have one of those days....

....when anything that can go wrong will??? That was yesterday for me! I was exhausted, feeling yucky and way crabby! And so was Ellie. I thought she was feeling better, but I think she's not 100% yet. I figured that out when she was cranky & crying most of the day (and I swear she is a really good baby & hardly ever cries). I also figured it out when I went to change a diaper and it was everywhere after her nap.. the worst part is that I didn't figure it out until I went to change her diaper and stuck my hands in her pants to take them off and got a handful!! Yep... YUCK!!!!! And really that's how most of the day went. So Jeff called me around 7 to tell me he was still at work and wouldn't be home until 8 and I told him I hadn't cooked dinner yet.. too tired. He told me not to touch anything and that he would do it when he got home. An hour later he walked in the door with Chinese food and flowers. I was so suprised and yet it made a hard day better! He told me the food was because he loved me and the flowers were because I got pooped on...LOL. If that's what it takes to get flowers, I think I'll hold off for a while :) Here's a pic of my flowers:



One bright event of yesterday, I walked in to get Ellie after another nap and she was STANDING in her crib!! I almost fell over. It was so cute.. I got the camera and took a pic.. check out her page to see it. She has been trying to pull herself up all day and I guess she figured it out in her crib!

4 comments:

Tania said...

Oh yeah, the reach in and feel something that's not supposed to be there moment. But you're dh is a sweetheart! I only get flowers when he's in trouble, LOL! Hope Ellie gets better soon!

Ginger Thibodeau said...

Ahhhh your DH seems like a Sweetie! Sorry you had such a sucky day!

PS - I have tagged you:
http://rusquare.blogspot.com/

mrs.S said...

Gosh, your hubby is such a sweetie, Audra! It's been years since I last got flowers from Mr. S, but all that's going to change because I told him that because we're married, it's now mandatory for him to give me flowers on valentine's day. LOL!

Robin said...

That is so nice of your Dh! I hope Ellie is feeling better.