Saturday, March 11, 2006

Rain & Fender Benders

So after 143 days without rain, we finally got some today!! It's been raining all day and it's supposed to do it again tomorrow!!! I know it sounds silly, but it was actually cold here today and I'm freezing! The whole house is cold and I can't seem to warm up. I went to Target today with Ellie and my mom and it was crazy! I put poor Ellie into her stroller and covered her all up.. she had NO idea what was going on.. she just kept looking at me like, "mom??"

Jeff called me today and said, "you remember how your car used to look?" and I said, "why? Did you get in a car accident?" and he said, "yes". Well not just a car accident, the poor guy got rear ended so bad! He was at a light after getting off the off ramp and some guy in a blazer came barreling down and smacked right into Jeff. The whole back end is smooshed (sp?) up. So as the day progressed he was getting really sore and then had some ringing in his ears, so we headed to the ER.. 4 hours later, and after a few xrays, Jeff is now sleeping with the aide of some strong Motrin and muscle relaxers... I don't look forward to tomorrow at all.. he is going to be so sore!

Oh I should tell you why Jeff referred to the car as mine... I used to drive the Honda Accord, a nice little sporty 2 door (which was officially my first nice grown up car!!) and then gave it over to Jeff after Ellie was born, because a 2 door just wouldn't work with a baby. Plus I got a new Pilot!! Well now I fear the 2 door is a goner. So Jeff will probably be looking for a new car soon. Which isn't too bad, just not what we had planned, especially with the new house.

2 comments:

Tania said...

Oh, I hope Jeff is feeling okay, almost that exact thing happened to Joel last year. He'd been driving my first car, an 89 Nissan Sentra and was at a virtual stop merging onto the freeway when a car barreling down the on ramp ran right into my Sentra and pushed Joel into the car in front of him. He ended up having to go into Physical Therapy, but that was a good thing, it motivated him to start working out and has dropped 30 pounds and looks great, LOL! And no more whip lash pain. I did have to finally say goodbye to my Nissan though.

Gina said...

Oh no! I hope Jeff is okay and not feeling too sore today. My DH used to be an insurance adjuster, so feel free to drop me a PM through RAKs if you need advice on dealing with the insurance companies -- I can tell you about some things that you need to make certain are taken care of.

How are plans coming with the house?