Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Oprah?

So for Christmas my brother got me the 20th anniversay DVD set of Oprah. I'm not a HUGE oprah fan, but I do like her and occasionally I get a chance to see her show (of course I Tivo it.. and if I like the guest/topic I'll watch it). So anyway, I get a glass of wine and decided to put it in the player and watch part of the first (out of 6) dvds. Well it's all fine and dandy until I get to the "heartprints" section. This section is were Oprah talks about people who have really made an impression on her and then shows parts of the clips from when they were on the show... For heaven's sake, I could not stop crying! Why I didn't turn it off , I don't know. There were people struggling with cancer, a mother who lost her son, children who were sick, etc... I am a mess. So now my eyes are puffy (i'm still drinking the wine), and my nose continues to run. I hate it when you have Ugly crying face. To make myself feel better I went to the fridge and got myself a piece of pumpkin pie and loaded it with whip cream.. I mean loaded it. All better :)

2 comments:

Tania said...

Oh, I've been known to shed a tear or two over Oprah. Oh and Supernatural isn't as good as Grey's, it's much different! But I'm still hooked ;)

Unknown said...

LOL, Audra!! I have to stay away from so many shows for that very reason. Extreme Home Makeover gets me sobbing and in need of chocolate every time. :)