Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Help I need a new audiobook!

Ok so I finished the Red Tent and now I need a new book to listen to while I drive to work on Mondays... so if you can please recommend a good one. I'm looking for something not too heavy (dont' want to be bummed out at work) and something that will keep my interest from the very beginning. So let me know what you think and I'll go search for them at the local library.

It's kind of cool because I really am not a huge reader.. never have been. But I really like listening to them. Probably because I can't fall asleep, for some reason reading knocks me out. I'm actually reading "Angels and Demons" right now too, so don't recommend that one :)

I'm starting to feel like I"m back into the swing of things again.. slowly but surely. I still haven't had time to scrap though and I feel like I'm falling behind. I started my new Photo Inspiration challenge at Rakscraps! Go check it out HERE! I got the pics from Tiffany and are from Knott's Berry Farm.. very colorful.

Ok off to sleep! I'm finally catching up on that too!!

2 comments:

Gina said...

I listened to John Grisham's _The Broker_ on my way home from Nashville last year. It was really good, I thought. Kind of typical John Grisham, but still good.

Diane Mott Davidson's "Goldy the Caterer" mysteries are light, fun and would be great for a car ride. Not sure if they're on tape or not (the books have some good recipes in them). I used to always listen to oh...shoot...Mary Higgins Clark (name slipped my mind there for a second) when I had a 30 minute drive to the office every day. Again, light mysteries that were usually pretty good.

Ooooh, James Patterson's _Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas_ - it'll make you **bawl** though so it might not be good for when you're driving around.

Harry Potter series if you're not opposed to those books (I know some people are)

Those are my suggestions.

Tania said...

Oh lets see, I could go on all day, but don't forget about that one I talked about at the Night Owl, start with Kent Haruf's Plainsong, amazing story!