Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Happy Birthday Dad

Today is my father's birthday and I miss him.. funny how his birthday makes me so emotional. I guess pms will do that! (overshare!) 3 years ago this week we celebrated his birthday by all going out to eat. He told me how he hadn't been feeling too well.. and I told him to go to the doctor. A few days later and right before my wedding he was diagnosed with lung cancer. It was horrible. Then on his 61st birthday we had a small celebration at his house, where he basically said good-bye to everyone.. he knew it would be the last time he saw his closest friends. 3 months later he died. It's just amazing to me that he is gone.. I mean I know he is and I've come to terms with it, but every now and then I just feel like I hit a brick wall again. Does that make sense??

Ok now that I've depressed everyone!

American Idol was fantastic last night.. I'm a Jordin fan because she's from where I live... plus she just has an amazing voice for a 17 year old!

Grey's anatomy... what the heck is up with that ending?? Is George not coming back?? I had a feeling Cristina and Burke wouldn't get married, but I thought for sure it would be her.. nope! I have no idea what will happen next year.

I scrapped a page! I took some pics of Ellie as she was running through the hose as Jeff was watering the lawn!

See full credits HERE! Ok with that I'm off to watch the finale of American Idol! Have a great week!

2 comments:

Melinda said...

sending {{{HUGS}}} I know exactly what you mean about all of a sudden it just hits you out of the blue. My Dad's birthday is coming up in a couple of weeks too, and since it was always right around father's day that day is going to be particularly hard this year.

Love that LO!

Angela said...

It's so great to be able to open up a scrapbook and go back in time. I'm sure you have some great memories of your father!! I hope you have been able to scrapbook pages of him to share with Ellie. To go back on those hard days and find happiness in those photos and memories.

Also, I love that scrapbook page of Ellie!! The photos are amazing, catching her spontaneous toddler self. GREAT Layout!!