Thursday, December 28, 2006

ahhh a moment

(warning.. a long post ahead!!)
I finally have a moment to breathe and to post an entry. Things have been crazy busy as usual. LOL and to think I thought I might actually rest this week!!

Christmas was wonderful and of course we all went way overboard. I realized this year that we went above and beyond in our gift giving. I'm not sure what we were thinking. Not that I would get rid of anything, just that it's way too much. I have a 20 month old child who needs/wants nothing. That's crazy. Even my extended family went nuts for Ellie this year.

DH was very good to me as well. He bought me some clothes, actually a couple of shirts and then the same shirt in a different color! This is such a man thing to do. We were joking about it and he called it the "Noah's Arc of Ann Taylor Loft" 2 of everything.. LOL. Needless to say, the pairs will be going back and traded in for some pants. And this is pretty cool, anyone who knows me, knows that I am a complete salsa nut.. well he bought me salsa of the month club. So every month I will get 2 salsas from all over the country. Coooooool huh! Then I got a tripod. I casually mentioned I wanted one and now I do. I did take some cool pics of the tree with it:

Now what's very cool about this pic is that I took it using my manual mode.. no automic on this one! LOL I'm getting very excited about exploring my camera, which is just a simple sony. But hey it has to have some potential right???? I'm actually in the market for a new one, but I have to wait until the new year.

In fact.. head on over to Mydigitalmuse.com, they are started a book club on this book: Understanding Exposure I'm looking forward to it.
As far as scrapping goes, I am officially on Sara Amarie's creative team. She saw the wonderful post by Amy Knepper about her retirement and team, and asked me to be on her team. The rest is history :) I officially start in January. She was selling at PDW, but since they closed, she will be starting at Oscraps.com in the new year.


I'm also on Kimberly Geswein's guest creative team for January... I am so excited about this! She has some awesome fonts and templates. In fact, my header is made with one of her blog templates :) Her stuff can now be found at mydigitalmuse.com

Here is a page I finished:



This is from Michelle Coleman's Merry Little Christmas Kit at scrapartist. I spent way too much money there during their 12 days of xmas sale.

And one last thing, here are the 2 things I made which will be available tomorrow at the digiscrapshak:



and if you made it this far.. thanks!

4 comments:

Robin said...

Glad you had a great Christmas. Salsa club sounds yummy! :) And I love your ornament too!
And congrats on the new teams!!!

Meredith said...

We went way overboard, too! :) And the kids are content with the boxes and wrapping paper! :) I LOVE your new kit and snowflake elements! They are gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Wow congrats on your new CT's...that is very exciting! BTW...you are looking great. Your weight loss must be going well. Okay, now I'm off to scrap with your new kits. :-)

T-Wan said...

The salsa of the month club sounds really neat I'm sure you'll enjoy it. I'm glad you had a great Christmas and now I'm off to check out mydigitalmuse.

Have a great new years.